Stuffed with dates and pecans, then doused in a delicious maple-mascarpone sauce, these apples with maple are elegant yet still wholesome and satisfying. They cover all your bases, with a little crunch, a little cream, and a whole lot of yum!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a spoon to scoop out apple cores and seeds. Place apples in a small roasting pan.
- Toss together dates and pecans, and divide stuff into apples. Press 1/2 tablespoon butter on top of each, followed by 1 tablespoon brown sugar each.
- Pour apple cider into roasting pan. Roast apples for 45 minutes, using a spoon to drizzle some apple cider over apples every 15 minutes to keep them moist.
- Five minutes before apples are done, whip together mascarpone and maple syrup. Remove apples from oven and place in individual bowls. Top with maple-mascarpone. Serve warm.