The color alone is enough to make me crave this beet smoothie. The color also tells me that it’s high in anthocyanins, flavonoids that are believed to have strong antioxidant properties. You can use raw or roasted beets.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 cups (1 to 2 people)
BERRY & BEET SMOOTHIE Recipe
- 1 cup plant milk of choice or water*
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 small beet, washed, peeled, and cut into sixths**
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- optional add-in: 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. This one can be a bit tricky to get moving in your blender, especially if you’re using all frozen fruit. If you have a “pulse mode” on your blender, I recommend using that to get it started. Then, blend consistently until smooth.
*I use almond milk
**If you don’t have a high-powered blender, I recommend grating the beet before blending.