Beat the heat with this light and energy boosting Cauliflower Melts recipe. Add this dish to your list of summer appetizers or to your next event’s catering menu.
Cauliflower Melts recipe
2 garlic cloves,minced
¼ cup olive oil
1/2teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
½ cup golden raisins
Medium head of cauliflower, cut into ½-inch-thick slabs, possibly halved to make a total of 8 slabs
¼ cup white wine(optional)
1/4cup shelled pistachios
8 ½ inch-thick sliced sourdough bread
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
4 ounces Comte or Manchego cheese, cut into 8 sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F(180 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.In a medium bowl, combine the oij, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the cauliflower slab and toss to coat.
3 .Arrange the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flip the slabs, and bake another 10-20 minutes, until softened and roasty. Set aside to cool but keep the oven on.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soak the raisins in wine or water for 10 minutes. Drain.
5. In a small pan over medium-high heat, toast the pistachios, dry or with a liiile oil. Let cool on a paper towl, then chop coarsely.
6. Lay the bread on the baking sheet and arrange the cauliflower on the bread, cutting it to fit as needed. Sprinkle with pistachios and raisins and top with the cheese.
7. Bake until cheese melts, 7 to 10 minutes.
8. Top the toasts with chopped parsley and serve immediately.