With only a few ingredients that each pack big flavor and the warm comfort of the melted, gooey cheese, these stuffed tomatoes are a regular late afternoon pick-me-up. You probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. Try using goat or sheep’s milk cheese, as it’s sometimes easier to digest than cow’s milk cheese (and it has a more decadent texture and flavor.).
Whatever you choose as a filling, you can’t go wrong with this Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes recipe.
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to grease pan
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- Handful parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice tops off of each tomato about 1/2 inch down from stem, making a cap. Set caps aside. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh, being careful not to pierce skin.
- Lightly grease a glass baking dish with olive oil, and space tomatoes evenly in pan with sliced sides up.
- Mix feta and parsley. Stuff mixture into tomatoes.
- Season tomato caps with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place caps on tomatoes and bake for about 10 minutes, or until tomatoes soften and begin to look shriveled and cheese is melted.