- 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup hogao (one of the most traditional Colombian seasoning sauces)
- 4 fried eggs
- Place the steaks between sheets of wax paper, then pound until each steak is about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the pounded steaks in a zip lock plastic bag. Add the mustard, oregano, cumin, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Be sure the steaks are evenly covered.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Place the steaks into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- To serve: Pour hogao over the steaks and top with a fried egg.