- 140g chorizo, thickly sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 680g jar passata
- 1 butternut squash (approx 1kg/2lb 4oz), peeled and cut into 1-2cm chunks
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat a large pan, add the chorizo, then cook over a high heat for 2 mins until it starts to release its red oil. Lift the chorizo out of the pan, then add the onion and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften.
- Tip in the passata, squash and chorizo, bring to the boil, then cover and cook for 15-20 mins until the squash is softened, but not broken up. If you need to, add a little water during cooking. Season to taste, then serve in bowls scattered with parsley.