Strawberry-Avocado Salsa with Tortilla Chips
Sweet strawberries, bright avocados, cilantro, and spicy jalapeños come together in a quick and tasty strawberry-avocado salsa
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 6 chips and about 3 tablespoons avocado mixture)
Total time: 20 Minutes
Make the chips in advance, cool completely, and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe avocado (about 2)
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare chips, brush oil evenly over one side of each tortilla. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over oil-coated sides of tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
3. Combine avocado and remaining ingredients; stir gently to combine. Serve with chips.