People all over the world are dealing with extra pounds, but now, they don’t have to worry anymore since the Swedish diet is the most effective diet which will help you reduce weight in no time.
In order to achieve that, you should decrease the intake of carbohydrates and focus on proteins and fats. The best part about this diet is the fact that you can forget about the amount of calories and the specific hours in which you are allowed to consume them. Nevertheless, you must follow the rules.
“It might sound too good to be true, but the combination of essential vitamins and amino acids provided by the diet enhances the metabolism while suppressing the appetite. The Swedish Diet lets you eat as much as you want while the pounds melt off.”(PositiveMed.com)
Beside losing excess weight, the Swedish diet will also help you boost metabolism, improve digestion and promote your overall health. According to Dr. Malcolm Knedrick low carb/high fat diets raise HDL cholesterol or “good” cholesterol. He also says: “They have no effect on LDL levels; they also lower blood sugar levels and triglyceride (VLDL) levels. All good and healthy, and all of which basically means that insulin resistance has been reduced – the underlying cause of diabetes.”
As you can see, there is no reason to be worried about the high fat content of this diet regime because according to a scientific research, fat is good and what is bad for you are sugar and carbs.
Here are the basics of the Swedish Diet!
The Swedish diet divides food in 3 basic groups:
Foods allowed to be consumed
- Vegetables that grow above ground (broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, zucchini,lettuce, peppers, cabbage, kale,)
- Olives mushrooms, avocadoes
- All types of meat
- Nuts (pumpkin seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, walnuts)
- All types of fish and shrimps
- Eggs cooked in all ways
- Dairy products, especially those with a high percentage of fat (sour cream, cream, yoghurt, butter, cheese)
Foods allowed to be consumed occasionally
- Dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, twice a week (above 70% of cocoa)
- Vegetables such as carrot, turnip beetroot and celery;
- Fruits: instead of a dessert, you are allowed to eat one fruit a day and raspberries are especially recommended;
Foods that are not allowed to be consumed
- Margarine and refined oils
- Alcohol, especially beer
- Ice-cream, Muesli, artificial sweeteners, sugar, store-bought juices, soda drinks, pasta, cookies, cakes, Grains and starch (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, chips, pastes).
Green tea is yet another drink that is strongly recommended by the Swedish Diet since it has been proven to aid in weight loss.