Delicious Harvest Cobb Salad
The perfect fall salad with the creamiest poppy seed salad dressing. So good, you’ll want to make this all year long!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 1/2 cup Fisher Nuts Pecan Halves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the poppy seed dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- To make the poppy seed dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, sugar, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of bacon, eggs, apple, pear, pecans, cranberries and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately with poppy seed dressing.
WHY IT’S A SMART CHOICE
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 614.5Calories from Fat 468
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52.0g80%
Saturated Fat 12.6g63%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Total Carbohydrate 33.0g11%
Dietary Fiber 6.0g24%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This is a whole meal in a salad. It’s a great source of fiber and Vitamin A, and a good source of calcium and iron as well! To add more protein and to cut down on some of the calories, swap the mayo for greek yogurt.