Though cracks in the skin may arise anywhere in the body the most common is area is the rim of the heel and web of toes, which happen to be the most frequently or constantly used parts of our body.
Dry skin is one of the most common causes that lead to cracked heels. Cracked heels are not a harmful in anyway except when the fissures or cracks are deep, and tend to become painful and the skin begins to bleed.
This could lead to infection and is an avoidable situation mostly for those already suffering from chronic ailments such as diabetes or lowering immune system due to age or illness which may retard the treatment of cracked heels.
In this article read about 3 remedies that are simple and you can make them at your home:
Scrubbing the hard, dead skin away helps a great deal in getting rid of cracked feet. Before scrubbing, soak your feet in warm soapy water to help soften the skin and make it easier to scrub.
1. Before going to bed, mix some liquid soap in a foot tub filled with warm water.
2. Soak your feet in this warm soapy water for about 20 minutes.
3. Use a pumice stone to gently scrub off the loosened dead skin cells.
4. Rinse off your feet with clean water and pat dry with a soft towel.
5. Apply some foot cream or moisturizer and wear a pair of clean cotton socks overnight.
Follow this remedy daily until your cracked feet are healed completely.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is not only the bleaching agent which is used for whitening skin. It can also be used for healing your cracked heels. Its acetic nature removes the dead skin cells excellently to help you get a new soft and smooth skin in place of your cracked skin at heels. There are many ways to use lemon for cracked heels.
- Cut a lemon in two halves and take one half of it.
- Rub this lemon half on your feet while squeezing it so that the juice is transferred to your heels.
- Do this for five minutes.
- Gently scrub your feet with a soft cloth or brush.
- Wash off with water.
3. Olive Oil
- On a cotton ball apply virgin olive oil and massage your feet with a circular motions about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Put on cotton socks and leave about 1 hour.
You can make foot cream with this ingredients: in a bottle put 1 tablespoon olive oil, few drops lemon or lavender oil and same amount of water. Shake it before use.