Japanese Cucumber Salad(Sunomono) is a perfect small side dish. It’s easy to make, healthy to eat, and very refreshing to accompany any main dish. It’s tangy but sweet, who wouldn’t like it?
2 cups cucumber, sliced
1 tsp salt
3 tsps sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 oz sesame seeds
1. The cucumbers can be peeled, cut lengthwise, seeded, and sliced into thin half moons.
2. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and salt; mix well.
3. Add sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil; mix well.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seed and mix.
5. Let marinate for 20 minutes before serving.
6. To serve, divide salad among individual chilled plates.