This Spring Beets & Citrus Detox Salad not only tastes beautiful and zingy, the flavours are fresh for this time of year, its the perfect salad to kick start your Spring detox with.
- 6 baby beets, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 – 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 bunch kale, centre ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/3 C raw pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 C fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh basil, chopped
Peel baby beets and finely slice them using a mandoline if you have one. Set aside. Wash the kale and remove the centre ribs and chop into thin slices. Place into large serving bowl and add finely chopped fresh mint, parsley, as well as basil. Set aside. Peel and segment oranges and roughly chop raw pistachio kernels.
Ingredients for Dressing:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t raw honey
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 t himalaya salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add all dressing ingredients together and combine well. Use 1/2 of dressing to mix with prepared beets and marinate for at least 1 hour. To serve, toss all ingredients together – reserving some segmented oranges and pistachios for garnish.