You will need:
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt, like Dannon Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, ground
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 or 2 mint leaves or a teaspoon of dried mint
- Chop up the cucumbers and try to absorb as much of the moisture as possible by drying off the cucumber pieces with a paper towel.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the cucumbers.
- Sprinkle on the salt and mix it all together.
- Pour in the yogurt. If the yogurt is not thick enough, you can use 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of yogurt – blend them well before you pour the yogurt over the cucumber mixture.
- Mix it all well and top it with the ground walnuts.
- Sprinkle on the olive oil and add the mint.
- Chill before serving it in an individual, cup-sized bowl.