Stretch marks are visible lines on the skin surface, with an off-color hue. Stretch marks are mainly found in the abdominal wall, but can also occur over the thighs, upper arms, buttocks and breasts.
Sometimes stretch marks can cover large areas of the body. While pregnancy is the main cause behind stretch marks, other reasons can be sudden gain or loss in weight, rapid growth, heredity factors, stress and changes in physical conditions.
You have to put efforts to remove these stretch marks. Here are some home remedies to help you with your task.
1. Apricot Mask to Remove Stretch Marks
Many people use apricot scrub for rapid removal of stretch marks from their skin. However, I am giving you the recipe of a mask made from apricot that you have to apply on your stretch marks daily for at least a month or more.
Get these things:
• Apricots- 2-3
• Lukewarm water- enough to wash off your skin having marks.
• Cut open the apricots and remove their seeds.
• Crush the fruits to get their paste.
• Apply this apricot paste on your stretch marks.
• Leave for about 15-20 minutes.
• Now wash off with warm water.
• Repeat everyday (you may initially do it twice a day) for a month.
2. Aloe Vera to Remove Stretch Marks
Benefits of aloe vera are now very popular among the fans of home remedies. This herb has in it the plant collagen which excellently repairs human skin too. Use, as far as possible, the fresh aloe gel taken from the leaves instead of using store bought gel.
• Aloe vera leaf
• De-thorn the aloe vera leaf and remove its outer skin.
• Take out the sticky gel from the inside of the leaf.
• Apply this fresh aloe gel on your stretch marks.
• Now forget it for two hours.
• Wash off with water after this couple of hours.
3. Oils to Remove Stretch Marks
Natural oils are excellent emollients and they have these capacity to treat all scalp and hair problems as also skin issues including stretch marks. You just need to identify the right type of oil for the very purpose. You should ideally gently massage your skin having stretch marks with oil for about half an hour daily. However, just applying oils to the marks (something near to soaking them in oil) can also do wonders. If doing so, you need to apply oil for about three to four times a day. Olive oil, with all its antioxidant properties and loads of nutrients, is considered one of the best oils for removing stretch marks but there are many other oils that you can use. They too are good when it comes to curing stretch marks. Here is the list.
• Olive oil
• Lavender oil
• Rose oil
• Geranium oil
• Helichrysum oil
• Chamomile oil
The best thing will be to mix certain oils and then apply to the marks. Here’s the recipe.
• lavender oil- ½ tsp
• Chamomile oil- ½ tsp
• Almond oil- 2 tsp ( you can use any other carrier oil like avocado oil, jojoba oil etc. in place of almond oil)
• Mix lavender, chamomile oils with almond or the other carrier oil that you are using.
• Mix them well.
• Apply this oil mix to your stretch marks daily.
• Do this preferably thrice or four times a day.
4. Potato Juice to Remove Stretch Marks
This is the cheapest and one of the rapid home remedies for stretch marks. Potato is a super food due to its many components like essential fatty acids and a variety of phytochemicals, like carotenoids and polyphenols. It also has loads of vitamins and minerals including Vitamin-C, B-complex, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and zinc. Because a potato is capable of stimulating collagen and elastin synthesis, it can effectively restore skin cells fading away your stretch marks.
• Potato- 1 (medium sized)
• Knife- to cut potato
• Lukewarm water- to wash off
• Cut the potato into thick sized slices.
• Take a slice and rub it gently over your stretch marks. Ensure to apply its juice all over your marks.
• Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
• Wash off with lukewarm water.
5. Lemon Juice to Remove Stretch Marks
Lemons have been recognized as fine natural bleaching agents beyond doubt. The alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) and vitamin C in lemons can efficient;y remove the dead skin and make your stretch marks disappear fast.
• Lemon- 1
• Warm water- to wash off
• Cut the lemon into 2 halves.
• Take a half piece of lemon and gently rub it on your stretch marks.
• Feel it’s juice soaking into your skin.
• Do this for at least 10 minutes.
• Then wash off with warm water.
To make it a superfast remedy for stretch marks, you can mix lemon juice with other ingredients in equal quantities (for example 1tbsp lemon juice with 1 tbsp other juice):
• Lemon juice with cucumber juice
• Lemon juice with potato juice
• Lemon juice with tomato juice.