Everyone loves having beautiful nails and hands. Our hands come in contact with many things which tamper the beauty of our nails. In order to maintain the beauty of your hands, you should follow a specific care routine according to your need. Here are a few tips and tricks to keep your nails and hands always beautiful:
A. Beauty tips for nails: Daily care
1. Make your nail polish last longer by using vinegar!….yes just take vinegar on cotton balls and swipe it on your unpolished nails and then apply nail polish. By doing this, your nail polish will stay longer on your nails.
2. To avoid brittle nails, give them a salt bath.
a. Add 4 tablespoon of sea salt (ordinary salt which we add to our food) in one litre of water and soak for 15 minutes.
b. Afterwards dry your hands and apply cuticle softener on your nails
3. If your nails are becoming yellow, give them a chamomile bath. It is very helpful.
a. Add a few spoons of dry chamomile blossom (you can get these from stores that stock aroma products) to 2 cups of water and brew it for 20 minutes and then dip your nails in it for 15-20 minutes .
b. Do it three times a week and combine it with lemon juice rubs for better results.
4. For brightening your nails, use rose water combined with glycerin and hydrogen peroxide.
a. Mix 40 ml of rose water to 10 gms of glycerin and 50 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide and rub it on your nails using ball drenched with this mixture
5. To make your hands silky soft, use jojoba oil and you can use aloe extract to heal the cracks which you may get uring cold weather around your cuticles.
6. If you want speedy growth of your nails, use gelatin. Gelatin helps in boosting the nail growth. You can also use a basecoat having gelatin as its main ingredients under your polish.
7. Are your nails splitting? This could be because of calcium deficiency. For this you can add calcium rich food in your diet. You can also boil eggs and use their shell powder (3gm) daily in your breakfast by mixing it with milk or curd.
8. For proper cuticle care don’t forget to use cuticle oil daily. At least use cuticle twice a day to get healthy cuticles and beautiful nails.
9. File your nails in one direction only. Use a 240 grit filer if you want to file your nails and don’t use metal filers as they are harmful for your nails.
10. Always use acetone free formula based nail polish remover. As it is very harsh to your nails, Acetone dries out the nails and thus damages its surface.
B. Beauty tips for nails: Manicure Care
By following a good nail care routine, you can get beautiful nails and hands.
But the beauty of your nails doesn’t just depend on your nail but also on the nail polish and how take care of it. So here are some tips on the same!
11. No bubbles in your nail polish:
Bubbles look ugly in the nail polish, so to avoid them don’t shake your nail polish bottle. Instead roll it in between your both palms and then apply it on your nails.
12. Apply basecoat:
Never forget to start your manicure by applying basecoat. Basecoat protects your nails from discoloration and forfeits them with necessary ingredients. Choose your basecoat according to your requirement.
13. Apply nail polish in thin layers:
Never apply your nail polish in thick coats. Apply your polish in two thin coats. It will make your polish dry faster with less smudge marks and it also prevents chipping. As thicker coats take a lot of time in drying and they also chip fast.
14. Avoid chipping:
To avoid chipping faster, the first measure is to apply your nail paint in thin layers as discussed above. Second measure is to paint the top edge of your tip and also paint little on the underside of the tips. This way your polish does not chip and you can enjoy your manicure for longer.
15. Clean your extra polish off cuticles:
This step is very necessary to have a clean and beautiful manicure. Clean your cuticles by dipping-tip or flat nail brush into nail polish remover. Also if you smudge your polish or make a mistake dip your Q-tip or brush in remover and amend the mistake. This is also very helpful in case you chip the nail and don’t have enough time to paint your nails again, for this just use your brush dipped in remover to wipe off the nail paint from the tips and repaint them.
16. Give some time to dry your manicure:
At least give one hour to your new manicure to dry completely. Also don’t use dry heat like blow-drier to dry your nails.
17. Apply topcoat:
If you want to make your manicure look more glossy and professional, use high shine fast drying top coat. Topcoat not only gives shine to your nails but also prevents chipping and color fade thus long life of your nail art. If you want matte finish, use matte topcoats. When your nails are dry enough to touch, apply cuticle oil and it will further prevent smudging and moisturize your cuticles.