If you are into gardening, you are aware that weeding is one of the essential jobs in the garden.
However, there is one weed, purslane, that is highly beneficial, so you should leave it to grow. Fortunately, purslane grows fast, so you will be able to reap all its benefits at all times.
According to Usha Palaniswamy, Department of Plant Science, University of Connecticut:
“Purslane is receiving much attention for cultivation by the United States Department of Agriculture as part of their effort to bring about a modification in the western diet with increased intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.”
-- Advertisement --
Dominate The Male Enhancement Niche Today
Edible Wide Food adds:
“Purslane is a succulent annual trailing plant that grows in many countries because it thrives in poor soil. It can be eaten as a cooked vegetable and is great to use in salads, soups, stews or any dish you wish to sprinkle it over. Purslane is antibacterial, antiscorbutic, depurative, diuretic and febrifuge. “
So, here are ten reasons why you should grow purslane in your garden:
* It is high in antioxidants, that strengthen the immune system, slow ageing, prevent cell damage, and protect against various diseases
* This weed is abundant in magnesium and calcium that strengthen the muscles, bones, and teeth
* Purslane is rich in potassium, that strengthens the bones, prevents kidney stones, and controls blood glucose levels
* Purslane lowers blood sugar levels and regulates cholesterol
* It protects against brain damage and lowers the risk of Parkinson’s disease
* As it is rich in iron, purslane is beneficial for our cells, metabolism, lungs, and muscles
* As this weed is abundant in beta-carotene, it is excellent for the skin and eyes
* It boosts the function of the liver
* The high omega-3 fatty acid content supports heart health, prevents cancer, and promotes the cognitive function
* It contains glutathione, which prevents ell damage, and melatonin, that improves sleep
Therefore, allow the growth of purslane in your garden, and you will support your health in various ways, in a delicious way!